In today’s world, almost all business organizations have started incorporating technology in their work process. With this growing use of technology, sharing and handling PDF files has become an essential part of everyone’s work routine. However, sometimes you may encounter a situation where you need to add a PDF file into another PDF document. In such a case, it can be a tedious task to merge documents, especially if you are unaware of the correct method to do it. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss various methods to add PDF into another PDF so that you can quickly and efficiently manage your documents effortlessly.
Why You Need to Add PDF into Another PDF
Adding PDF into another PDF file can be beneficial in various ways. Firstly, we can combine two or more PDF documents into one PDF file, making document management easy and organized. Secondly, merging two PDF documents can save effort and time when you have to send multiple PDF files as they can be combined into a single compact file. Moreover, merging files is one of the most effortless methods to create portfolios and archives by combining all the necessary documents in one place.
Method 1: Via Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat DC is a powerful tool used for managing and editing PDF files. To add a PDF into another PDF document using Adobe Acrobat, follow these steps:
1. Open Acrobat DC on your system.
2. Click on "Tools" from the menu bar.
3. Select "Combine Files" from the list of options.
4. Click on "Add Files" and select the PDF file that you wish to add into another file.
5. Click on "Add Open Files" if you have an open PDF file that you want to merge.
6. Arrange the added files in the desired order.
7. Choose "Combine Files" once you have uploaded all the files.
8. Click on "Save" and save the combined document.
– Adobe Acrobat combines the files quickly and efficiently.
– The program allows various customization options like merging files in a specified order or removing unwanted pages from the final document.
– Adobe Acrobat DC is costly compared to other programs, and it requires a subscription.
– Acrobat DC user interface may feel overwhelming for new users.
Method 2: Using Microsoft Word
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat DC and still want to add PDF into another PDF, Microsoft Word is an excellent option. Follow these steps to create a PDF in Microsoft Word:
1. Open Microsoft Word on your computer.
2. Click on the "Insert" tab on the menu bar.
3. Click on "Object" from the "Text" group, and select the "Adobe Acrobat Document" option.
4. Browse to the file you wish to add to your Word document and click "OK."
5. Save your Word document as PDF by clicking on "File" and then "Save as."
6. Select the type as PDF from the dropdown menu and click on Save.
– If you already own Microsoft Word, you can easily merge PDF into another PDF without any additional software installation.
– The process of merging a PDF using Microsoft Word is speedy and hassle-free.
– The method may not be suitable for people who don’t have Word.
– This method may not be recommended for adding several documents into a single PDF as it can be challenging to manage multiple PDFs in Word.
Method 3: Using Online PDFEditors
You can merge PDF into another PDF with the help of online PDF editors. Follow these steps to add PDF to another PDF using an online PDF editor:
1. Go to the online PDF editor website of your choice.
2. Upload the PDFs that you want to add.
3. Drop and drag the documents to arrange them in the required order.
4. Click on "Combine" or "Merge" button to initiate the process.
5. Once the PDF files are merged, download the completed PDF document.
– Online PDF editors do not require any installation or subscription fees.
– This method is convenient for people who may not need such services frequently.
– Using online editors can raise security and privacy concerns, especially for people working in a highly confidential environment.
– The editing options for online editors are limited.
What to Do If You Can’t Add PDF into Another PDF
Are you unable to add a PDF into another PDF? Do not panic, as here are some fixes to try:
– Check if you have the correct PDF document; sometimes, people make the mistake of selecting the wrong document.
– Ensure that the PDF files that you want to merge are not corrupted. A corrupted file will not be combined with other PDF documents.
– Try using different PDF editing tools.
Before merging PDF files, ensure that the page size, margins, and resolution are the same. This is because combining PDFs with different parameters may result in an erroneous and distorted PDF document.
Q1: Can I edit the merged PDF file if there are errors?
A: Yes, you can edit the merged PDF file as per your needs.
Q2: Is it possible to add a password to the merged PDF?
A: Yes, you can add a password in Acrobat DC.
Q3: Can I merge the PDF files using an iPad?
A: Yes, you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader or other online software for merging PDF files.
Q4: What happens if there are overlapping pages in combined PDF files?
A: If overlapping pages occur, this means one of the PDF files was not correctly formatted and may result in a skewed final document.
Q5: Can I split the merged PDF file again if required?
A: Yes, you can use Adobe Acrobat DC to split the merged PDF file if needed.
Merging PDF files can be a time-efficient and useful way to combine essential business or academic documents. With the help of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, or online PDF editors, you can add PDF to another PDF effortlessly. Follow the steps mentioned in each method and pros and cons, identify which method works best for you. Use this article as a guide, and start merging PDF documents with ease.